I’m Matt, the writer behind OvercastFilm. Nice to meet you.
I started OvercastFilm in January 2011 and since then it has been through many incarnations, finally settling at what you see right now. Every week, there should – barring a flagrant lack of effort on my part – be an extended review or essay on a certain aspect of the film world.
These posts can be about anything, like an in depth examination of the central Brother/Sister relationship of Grave of the Fireflies, or a rational explanation of why Martin Scorsese is at his best when he’s not filming the mafia.
There may also be an occasional short review of a film, but only if I have very little time to write it.
As this is an about me page, I thought I’d, naturally, share a few things about myself:
- I am a journalism student based in Farnham, Surrey but I grew up in the glorious countryside of Kent
- I mostly write about films, but have been known to write about music from time to time
- I have a rubbish speaking voice
- I watch far too many films, although I am yet to see The Wizard of Oz
- I’m far more interesting on here than I am in real life
- I’m aiming to be a freelance film journalist in the future
- I’m always on the lookout for work experience and/or freelance work… and free stuff
- My favourite film is The Red Shoes; my least favourite film is Forrest Gump
That’s about it really.
If you want to contact me about anything (freelance work, reviews, complaints, gifts) then feel free to email me at: email@example.com
I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as I enjoy writing it